Back 30 or so years ago there was no Oatly, just some researchers at a famous university in a country mistakenly known for polar bears roaming the streets, nerding out on ways to turn oats into milk and creating a production process to keep all the beta-glucans (big, scientific word for soluble fiber) intact so that we could go crazy making all kinds of oatmilks and oatcreams and oatgurts and oat spreads and a barista edition oatmilk and then share all of this oat history on our website so that one day you might happen to read how the first oatmilk in the world was invented and perfected and want to give it a try which, in the humble opinion of the guy writing this excessively long sentence, would be totally oatsome.
If you want to send an email or stream a movie then optical fiber is way more amazing, but if you just want to get some fiber in your body so your body can get some nutritional justification, then a glass or two of our liquid oats is a pretty good start.
The original idea behind Oatly was to find a way to make a nutritious liquid product for people who just didn’t like cow’s milk or were unwilling to use it for personal reasons. Today, the concept of producing a drink directly from oats instead of first feeding oats to a cow and letting the cow process them into milk is an option but back when we started in the 1990s most people thought we were totally crazy. That’s okay, we are happy to be right where we are now making quality liquid oat products for you to enjoy. Thank you very much.
We know how it sounds. Tall, blond, beautiful, hard to get, extremely liberal with no sense of attachment or responsibility whatsoever. Sorry to disappoint you, that’s just not us. We are the other Swede – somewhat boring, super practical, painfully honest, notoriously hardworking and independent not because we don’t want to be social but merely because we want to have the right to say what we think and do what we think is right. If we wanted to be one of those gigantic food corporations or have some old man behind a wooden desk in a tall building make decisions for us, we would all quit our jobs and go work for an old man behind a wooden desk in a tall building making gigantic food company decisions for us. Don’t hold your breath.
- We are not a perfect company, not even close, but our intentions are true. We would like to be judged by the good we do and not just the pretty words we say.
- Our goal is to always deliver products that have maximum nutritional value and minimal environmental impact.
- We believe we should eat stuff that we can grow instead of growing stuff to feed animals and then eat them.
- No GMOs. One more time. No GMOs.
- We promise to be a good company which means that our drive to help people upgrade their lives always comes before the reckless pursuit of profit.
- We strive to produce the cleanest, most responsible products on the market and are continually looking for better ways to make our products even better. Got some ideas? Send them here.
- We hope to make the food industry a more honest place by declaring to be totally transparent in everything we do.
We don’t know anything about almonds or soy or cows. All we know is oats. How to grow them, harvest them and turn them into refreshing products that you can take home and treat your body to. It was our original idea in the early 1990s to create a plant-based drink that was in tune with the needs of both humans and the planet and it is our idea to continue to make the best, most amazing liquid oats that you will find anywhere. Hope you are okay with that.